So Tramp #1 decided that he wanted to try his hand at grilling up some fresh oysters in the shell. Mom always knows there will be some sort of cooking adventure when we show up!
This poor little fellow had hitched a ride on one of the oysters. There was absolutely nothing we could do to help it - we were a mountain range away from any seawater. It is an armored chiton - a member of the mollusk family. It was one of my favorite finds during marine science camp when I was a kid. Sorry, fella...
We grilled them until they began to open up. Then we pried open any that needed a bit of persuasion. And we sat down to a delicious meal of plump, juicy, naked pacific northwest oysters with some hot butter mixed with half and half to dip them in. Yummm....
Sorry, no pictures of the dining event. When they were hot and ready, we had to get right down to eating!
4 comments:
Looks like it was the week for moms and cooking. My mom's meatloaf was great, but I would have traded a slice in a heartbeat for an oyster! - Margy
I think I will stick with the apple pie!! I would love to send you the book A Three Dog Life and hope you will pass it on when you are done. My e-mail is molliedog1@msn.com send me your address and the book will be on the way...
That looks soooooooooo good!!!
Margy - that meatloaf looked really good!
Hey, Ain't for City Gals - Can't wait to read the book and then send it off to someone else.
Team Hall,
They were really good - wish we could have shared them with you.
Post a Comment