Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Easter Horror???
You know how Easter is always a time when folks succumb to buying cute little chicks and darling little bunnies for their kids. And there is usually a rash of ads a couple of weeks after Easter offering the poor misplaced creatures up to better homes. I was just checking our area Craigslist - I am always checking for whatever and I ran across this ad - "Fresh frozen rabbit for pets only - $1" - Oh, my goodness - what a picture it brought to my mind - how can a frozen rabbit be a pet? A cruel and timely joke? Until I clicked on it and read "Frozen rabbit already cut up and ready to feed to your pets.$1.00 a lb avg weight is about 3-5." Whew, that sounded a lot better - unless you are a rabbit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Either way....yuck! I alwyas read the classified in the newspaper...you can learn alot of what is really happening by reading the classified ads, I always thought...
Well....that was kind of strange! You never know what kind of stuff you'll find these days!
Good Lord! At least they didn't mention what kind of pet you have that needs a rabbit to munch on.
Oh gosh what a way to say something. I'm sure they had no idea what they said there. I have fresh frozen turkey in the freezer too, for Mojo.
Morning 2 Tramps!
I've only seen one rabbit strategically placed at our local grocery store meat counter...I gasped, because at first glance, I thought it was a cat!! Yuck!
Have a fabulous Easter weekend!!
Cath
Glad one of those froen rabbits won't end up in someone's Easter basket!
Have a Blessed Easter, my friend!
Post a Comment