While Tramp 1 recovers, I find it very necessary to be staying home 24/7. Yes, I don't trust him... Not that he isn't honest, but he is on drugs. And he wants to be doing things. I have to watch him any time he is not prone. No, I haven't tried handcuffs yet...
So I have become a holiday voyeur - traveling while seated, reading blogs and peaking into the homes of those whom I do not know. Glimpsing at their holiday decorations, sifting through their family traditions and drooling over their tempting treats.
I have read about dogs with colds, foods with mold and people that are old. Yes, I know all about dear Aunt Virginia who carries a flask in her purse and Uncle Fred who never takes a shower, at least not at holiday time. Not to mention angelic little ones that fight and bicker - no wonder Aunt Virginia needs that liquor (and she has to sit next to Uncle Fred). I have seen holiday decor and holiday horror, with everyone everywhere happily opening their doors to share a peek into their lives.
And I want to thank you, one and all. You inspire me and give me warm fuzzy feelings. I want to bake what you do, I want to go out in the snow and drag in a big Christmas tree to decorate while drinking cocoa (I lie - gin, please!) and singing carols, I want to join the happy throngs of holiday shoppers (okay - I've only seen that in an ad on TV...). I even want to hug Uncle Fred! When I finally shut down my laptop for the night and slip under the duvet, it is with visions of your holidays dancing in my head and I am thankful. Keep up the great work!
11 comments:
Tramp,
What a sweet sweet post! Isn't it great at times to live vicariously through others? I hope you do not go stir crazy and keep yourself entertained with all of 'our' blogs...thinking about you both as you go through this ordeal. But just think of it this way, you could be cleaning out closets but personally I'd rather be a voyeur!
Not easy at this time of the year to be kind of trapped, but I am sure he will appreciate it all very soon.
Make a pot of soup; it makes everything look and sound better, even when it is raining.
I am sending you a hug!
Rita
It is amazing how much the blogging community can wrap its arms around you and make you feel good. I have found some of the most wonderful friends here. It is nice to belong to this big 'ole family. I am glad you are a part of it.
I like to believe that blogging is the 21st Century's kaffeklatch, where we all got together and shared ourselves with each other for companionship and support... This time will pass you'll have a nice healthy guy on your hands!
Hey,,,don't you know...I just love blogging too..it is fun! I would rather read other people's blog than blog myself...just love reading what everyone is doing and honestly feel like I know my main 10-15 blogging friends as well as some of my own family!(you included)...get tramp 1 better and you will have a great spring and summer to look forward to...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
This blogging world is really something, isn't it?
What a wonderfully sweet post! Thank you for a glimpse into YOUR world!
If you drop by I'll give you a sniff, a lick and a dance...I'm game ;-)
What a beautiful post! I wish tramp1 a speedy recovery.
Margaret
Speedy recovery to Tramp 1 and for you also. Yes you too cause during this time the caregiver also needs some TLC. :)
Im still giggling at the comment "not that I dont trust him but he's on drugs"...
Post a Comment