Yes, it is raining, pouring rain, dumping rain... I really do like rain - in fact I simply like weather. And we get every kind of it here, sometimes different on each side of the house - snow out back, sun out front. As a child in the Willamette valley, I very fondly remember the thrill of prancing my way to the school bus stop with my new raincoat and matching umbrella.
Speaking of umbrellas - we have a lot of them. When I was getting some things out of Tramp 1's car, I found four of them. And he rarely uses one... Do you think he is a hoarder? Most of our nice big umbrellas were from Christmas's past - a giveaway with a gift. For a number of years I always hit the mall in late November to buy Aramis cologne for Tramp 1 and my Dad and received a really great quality over sized umbrella with each purchase. The only thing wrong with them is that when you have an umbrella that is so big, wind comes up under it and you find yourself swirling in a micro burst storm. So unless we are both going to be under there together, we switch to those little portable things that only keep your head dry.
I was planning to get out of the house today and hit those early morning half day sales in town. But here I still sit, in Tramp 1's fleece bathrobe (I got up at 6:00 AM), lolling about with no intention of leaving when it is so darned wet outside. Give me snow any day! Guess I will do some holiday baking and maybe watch the Food Network. Thank goodness we have two televisions - Tramp 1 has been doing a marathon of manly movies and hunting shows from his recliner.
P.S. Tramp 1 is doing okay. He started to have some numbness in the leg/foot on the opposite side from the surgery yesterday - yes, the good leg. I had him call the Dr. right away... But everyone in his office was gone and someone that was left behind to field issues called and assured us that kind of thing happens. It has never happened before to him... And it might as well have happened to me - being the emotionally empathetic caregiver that I am, I am limping about trying to start my day.
7 comments:
Oh my, I certainly hope Tramp 1 gets to having feeling that good leg without the numbness...take good care and regarding the umbrella; I never seem to have one when I need it since my hubby puts them away so I will know exactly where it is when I need it!!!
This weather is really something isn't it. I don't think you should push yourself, relax, enjoy the day. Bob made a wonderful soup for lunch and a pan of cornbread. Hit the spot on a day like today.
I hope Tramp 1's numbness is only temporary. He doesn't need that but it's always a risk in that kind of surgery.
Tracy - so you have a husband that is on the neat side - very nice that he puts things away. Mine does, too, and I am still searching for some items.
Linda - Our rain has ceased for the time being and fresh snow is capping Smith Rocks and the buttes in the area, but the Cascades are obscured. I am going to saute chunks of beef with onions - protein is supposed to hasten healing and onions are good for just about everything. As for the numbness, yes it happens - he still has a numb spot on his hip from the last back surgery but this one came on suddenly, clear to his toes. He says it is better now but I don't necessarily believe him - he knows I worry...
I went out to Fred Meyer and the parking lot and lines were crammed when I got there, but just after I arrived the Door Buster sales were over and things cleared out quickly. I got a bit of Xmas shopping done. This is going to be a low key year, but I've already got Mom's decorations out so she can enjoy them.
Tramp 1 sure didn't stay in the hospital very long. I guess it was lucky that Mom got to stay a week followed by three weeks in rehab. I don't know what I would have done if I had to bring her home so quick. Tell him I'm rooting for a quick healing process.
Margy
I hope Tramp 1 is going to be OK. I will give you some of my snow and you can give me some of your rain.
Well I hope Tramp 1 gets better before you are BOTH down!!
considering what his insides have had done to them, I suppose they are rebelling a bit - glad to hear hes up and watching tv!
Post a Comment