Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Monday, December 6, 2010

It's on the schedule...

This afternoon we finally got a call from the hospital. Tramp 1 will be having surgery tomorrow afternoon. Yes, I know it is really quick - and that is good, isn't it? He is more than looking forward to it and has been busy wrapping things up at work.

For me it really hits home that this is actually going to happen. And I have been remembering more snippets of memories from the last back surgery in 2005. All I can do is get prepared for what I remember - I just hope the weather holds off and we don't get more snow before I can bring him back home. And if it does snow more, I hope the snow plow makes a run up our road again!

As for his last meal tonight - it will be a repeat of last night. Fresh Dungeness crab, all he can eat. Last night he ate two of them - I don't know how he did it... He munched those babies down with sides of coleslaw, garlic bread and a martini. And he even had room for ice cream...

10 comments:

Tracy said...

My thoughts and prayers will be with you through theis time of surgery and healing!
Take good care of yourself as well as Tramp 1...caregivers need nurturing as well!

DianeLynn said...

I totally agree with Tracy. PLEASE when possible keep us posted eh?
Prayers for you both!

2 Tramps said...

Thanks for your concern. I am worried about this surgery but I think I am just over tired. I am the person that has trouble watching someone in pain - I feel it, too, and I cringe. I will be sleeping in the guest room or on the sofa (or maybe standing up leaning against the wall...) so he can groan if he needs to!

ain't for city gals said...

Wishing you both the best!..I know you will be glad when it is over..glad they are doing it so soon.,,,will be thinking of you.

Anke said...

Good luck and best wishes to the both of you! Wishing Tramp 1 a speedy return to good health!

Rita said...

By the time you read this;the surgery will be probably over. So I am sending you good wishes for quick recovery and most of all back to a pain free life.
Hugs,
Rita

Rae said...

Best wishes to Tramp 1 on his surgery. I hope he is on the mend real soon.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you both.

Janice Grinyer said...

oh my, and no indigestion after all that?

I think theres your proof that he'll come out of this surgery with flying colors!!!! :P

Anyhow, we'll still send positive thoughts and get well wishes your way!

treesong said...

you are both in my thoughts today. It's hard to see the one you love in pain but hopefully it will only last a little while and he'll be on the road to recovery. Bless you both, Treesong