Can't believe it is already Thursday. Where did the week go? I know where it went... Tramp 1 woke up Monday morning feeling just fine, started the coffee and then boom, something went very wrong with his lower back. He is a tough guy used to chronic pain and he was in agony and could hardly take a breath from the pain. As soon as it was late enough, I called his neurosurgeon only to find that they headed to another town on traveling rounds. Let me tell you, I would have driven anywhere to get Tramp 1 to the doctor and I tracked him down and got an appointment pronto. It was some 80+ miles round trip but very worth it. He put Tramp 1 on steroids, pain pills, and a muscle relaxer and a bone scan will be scheduled next. I have had Tramp 1 at home, in a zero gravity deck chair with extra cushioning and he is doing better. Yesterday I drove him into town to work for just a few hours. He can telecommute but was having some computer issues he needed to get cleared up.
Anyway, my weekday routine went out the door with him home. But it was headed out the door anyway. The contractor started work on our deck tear down and rebuild yesterday - a day later than he wanted to but he had to wait because of us and Tramp 1's issues. Am glad I was gone yesterday afternoon taking Tramp 1 to work as the noise is really loud while the old decking is being torn off. But we will sure put up with it all - the old deck, built by the previous owner, looked like it could fall down at anytime. It will be an exciting change around here. Change is welcome - especially positive change!
7 comments:
Best wishes to Tramp1. I hope he gets some relief from his pain soon. Back pain can be so disabling. It is too bad you had to travel so far to see the doctor but at least the trip was worth it.
Sounds like Tramp 1 has some real issues with his back. Hope he finds relief !
And don't forget pictures of the deck!!
Have a great weekend.......
I hope that all things get to be settled in pretty soon! Don't like having any of my friends feeling poorly!
At least T1 has you...and you have T1...that can really make a difference!
Sure hope your guy gets better soon. I know it's maddening to have construction noise going on around you but the end result will be worth it. Take care, Treesong
Hope He's well soon! jealous about the deck-- would love to replace our porch--when we get to it. ;)
Last year a friend near us redid part of his deck. He gave us the 2X8 fir planks. We cut them up into stove size pieces and had lots of firewood to get us through the winter. Up here they don't treat the deck wood so that makes it fine for burning. Hope Tramp 1 feels better soon. - Margy
Everyone,
Thank you all so much for your concern. Tramp 1 is doing better and was able to make it to work this week. But the chronic pain is an issue. We meet with the neurosurgeon again soon and will find out what comes next. In the meantime, work on the deck continues - it is getting exciting!
Post a Comment