
Snow showers stopped the contractor after he had poured part of the footings. He had to cover the curing concrete with special blankets to help hold the heat in.

All the old wood from the deck is neatly stacked. It will be re purposed in other projects.

9 comments:
I bet you're getting excited about this project-it's always fun to make changes to home. Keep taking lots of pictures, later on it will be nice to have a record of it.
Oh what I could do with that timber! but i guess the shipping costs might be a little high! Sue's right about the record it'll be great to look back on how far you have come.
Murph
I just had to laugh when you were talking about the doors! :)
It will be so nice when it is completed. I always hate the in-between interval. Too bad the weather had to interfere with progress.
We deconstructed our deck a while ago as well. I agree with the problem of the door!!! My DH keeps thinking we're going to get the footings poured this year before it gets too cold. I'm not sure.... We've had so much rain and cool weather.
I hope the weather holds for you so you can get it finished.
Judy
Can't wait to see the finish project. Nothing like a beautiful deck.
Everyone,
What a project this has become... The landscape guys move really quickly. Will post updates soon.
A new deck is just a porch dressed up in it's Sunday best!
Great place to share a cup with friends, that's for sure!
Oh your house and yard are so nice!! I can't wait til ours is pretty nuf for pix too. This week we're working on drywall--we think we'll do decks next and use the decks to help reach the upper level to finish that work outside. I'm working on the yard-- we're getting gravel for Christmas!
Post a Comment