Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dawg Daze of August

August - continual days of sun - the last push to get things growing in the garden. Tramp 1 has been traveling for his job, so I have been at home with my big blond boyfriend, Chucky. While he is so good most of the time, he is still a handful for me alone. I have been dog-tired - where the heck did that phrase come from?

This morning Chucky and I headed to town for an appointment at the Vet. Yes, Chucky has something wrong with his ear - again... This is the fourth Vet visit that is ear related. When we got there, they were backed up due to an emergency - a horse that got badly cut. So Chucky and I headed back home and will go back again tomorrow. Sure do hope the horse will be okay.


This past week the deer finally brought their little ones by for a visit. They are stopping to drink and dine most every day. So far Chucky has only seen them from the confines of his kennel and fenced area. I have been keeping him on a leash when he is out during the hours that the deer normally visit.


Swallowtail butterflies have been flitting around the garden. They lift my tired spirit with their fanciful flights.



Claude-Claude the garden god has been pretty quiet lately. He is so darned shy...



This is of course, my devilish blond boyfriend, Chucky. The only reason he is sitting still is because I am holding his favorite ball!!



8 comments:

Christine said...

I like my boyfriends tall, dark and handsome myself! LOL

Sue said...

Love Claude--where on earth did you find him? Local artist???

And what's up with Chuck? Hope you can get that ear problem cleared up. It's gotta be a hassle running to the vet all the time.

Love the pots of flowers. What is the blue one the butterfly is on?

2 Tramps said...

About Claude - I sculpted him from clay in high school art class in the 70's. The wonderful blue flower is Black and Blue - salvia gaurantica - an annual in our area but a tender perinnial in warm climates. It was a splurge plant just for enjoying.

Rubye Jack said...

I also really like Claude Claude the Garden God. And Chuck's not half bad either.

Travels with Emma said...

Chukar is surely a handsome devil. :)

ain't for city gals said...

I know Chuck is a handful but they are worth it!...Keeps us going sometime..I saw a sign "Stay calm and Walk the Dog"...I thought of you!

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

Summer looks lovely at your place! Chuck is pretty cute too.

Anonymous said...

Does your blond boyfriend, Chucky have a brother?