What about you? Do you do anything special to work your brain?
Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Working my brain...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I'm constantly looking for things to work my brain. I keep a stack of crossword puzzle, and word find books by the throne in the bathroom. It's been a while however since I've worked a jigsaw puzzle. Grandson got two for Christmas that are a little advanced for him. I think I'll go right now and set one up. Perhaps he'll work on them if I'm working on them. Thanks for the reminder.
I like to do crosswords and jigsaw puzzles. I received a puzzle mat for Christmas, and haven't had a chance to try it out yet..and spring is almost here! I have a page a day Mensa crossword puzzle that I work on each morning at work while I wait for my computer to log in. It's fun!
I really need to do something like this...this computer is turning my brain to mush! What is it about it? I thinking we just don't have to concentrate that much to read blogs..fun but ...I do sell on e-bay and that takes a little bit of concentration...more and more I find myself wanting to go camping for a couple of weeks with just books and my thoughts..now I might take a jigsaw puzzle...
Oh my goodness, I do the same thing; I love puzzles and enjoy having one out at all times...hah, that is until we got Angel-Kitty and she spewed the pieces everywhere trying to get away from Hurricane, our dog!
Now I'm certain it is no longer 1,000 pieces...
have fun with it!
Haven't done a puzzle in ages...at this time no place of my own to do one...but I have to admit I am tempted anyway! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog...:)
1. Sodoku.
My daughter will see me playing and come over and help. Young minds are quick!
2. Find the words in the box of letters. There are books of them.
3. Boggle
4. Chess
Other than giving my brain a workout with blogging, I play word challenge games and strategic card games. I like puzzles too - my problem is finding space to keep one set up all the time so I can work at it randomly.
I like to do crossword puzzles and word searches.
When my boys were growing up, there was always a puzzle going on. Haven't done this in year; think i will take one out again when I get back home. Puzzles are a good relaxer.
Rita
I do Sudoku is ballpoint pen... and, I adore puzzles and chess... I don't count blog reading at all... Make sure you let us see the finished puzzle, here! Come visit when you can...
I love puzzles. I usually have one going around Christmas time. Like you it just sits there and it's there for anyone to try but it's usually me who sits to do it every so often.
funny. My mom in law always has a puzzle going and now she's gotten Hubby and daughter & her hubby all addicted--they cannot walk by them. Me--I don't do it--cuz it makes me nuts! I'd rather cut coupons I think. :)
Anything special to work my brain?
I think. ;P
Really - otherwise I can be entertained by the most mindless things that can take up a lot of time, like sorting rubberbands. But I do find working with a camera makes my brain go into overdrive. Kind of like looking at your photo of the puzzle and the angle you took it and the lighting aspects - thats how I look at life too so it can take up a massive amount of time with me just staring...and thinking lol
It's been years since I've worked on one. In fact, the last time I think it was one in the jury duty waiting room. No better place for mindless fun. - Margy
Post a Comment