Haste makes waste? I just had to make a cake - I just had to...
It had to be from scratch, a recipe I have never tried.
As I was hurriedly vacuuming, I smelled smoke.
Did I leave a burner on? (I have been known to do this...)
Oh, no, it was the cake. I thought the pans were pretty full.
I kind of wondered about four eggs and 3 1/4 cups flour.
And thirty prunes along with a couple of pears...
And thirty prunes along with a couple of pears...
And pear brandy... or maybe I drank that?!
Now it is all over the oven - I got the pan under too late.
The house is filled with smoke and the most awful smell.
Company will be arriving in a few hours.
I still need to shower and go to town for a few last minute items.
As soon as it cools, I am going to have to clean that oven.
It will take a chisel!!
So, how is your day going???

5 comments:
Heck--I think anybody's day is going better. Wow--what a mess. So sorry your day isn't going well. Take a breather!--and a "nip" of something and relax.
Ah, the holidays............
You'll get past it, just a bump in the road. And next year, you'll have a great story to remember, ha. Wish you well!
We weren't going to do anything for Thanksgiving except for going to the auto show here in LA, but walking to the Lakers game tonight we passed the historic Original Pantry Cafe on Figeroa. They are serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, so we are going to stop by and see if we can get in on our way to or from the auto show. That way I won't overcook the turkey. Been there, done that. I am sure your holiday will turn out just fine. Relax and enjoy. - Margy
I must admit that to my eye the cake looks fabulously decadent. I'd have my hand in there, picking off the crunchy bits that dribbled over the sides and scarfing them right up. And, I ask you, how can a cake not be delicious that contains pears, prunes and pear brandy? So you must tell us: how did the cake taste??? I'll bet it was delicious. (Sorry about the mess in your oven, though.)
Happy Thanksgiving!
It is days like these when I have to put Limp Bisket's "Break Stuff" on the music app and rock out.
Post a Comment