January has been ushered in with wonderful snow. When temperatures dipped down to the single digits, the pond was frozen over.
With the bitter cold came freezing fog and the beautiful sculptures of hoar frost.
Even cobwebs became frozen art.
This metal flower offers the only glimmer of color in the landscape.
Sadly (since we love the snow), it is all melting away this week. The temperatures have gone above freezing and the silent white landscape is rapidly receding. We can only hope that another snow storm will blow in across the high desert very soon...
8 comments:
Same weather here, except I think our snow will stay a while. Freezing rain tonight--glad I'm not on the highway. Your photo of the frosty spider-web is magical.
Your pictures take my breath away. So beautiful. Here on the southern Oregon coast we don't get enough snow to spit at... I love the snow!
Such beautiful pictures! My favorite is the cobweb!
These are beautiful pictures and as much as the snow it lovely to look at, please keep it over there, I hate driving in it!!! xxx
Oh, my! I would frame that first one and hang it on the wall! Thanks for sharing. Now please send the snow our way. We really, really need it.
Beautiful winter pics. I love the spider web!
The frosty cob webs are FABULOUS.
You have such talent as a photographer! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures. You really captured the event -- but I'm glad that as we look we can't feel the cold that came with the snow.
Post a Comment