These are replacement parts for my hummingbird feeders. The glass containers are fine but the plastic parts had worn out after being baked in the sun for years. I was so happy to find that Perky Pet sells replacement parts. Ordering replacement parts offered substantial savings versus buying new feeders.
When we first moved to the high desert, I felt some despair at the thought of no more hummingbirds. We had them all year round in the Willamette Valley. Was I ever surprised when I heard one go zipping by one summer day! When you do get hummingbirds coming to a feeder here, they tend to stick around. It has to be like a candy store to them! We usually have four hummers and I have feeders on each side of the house. They put on a great show for us all summer long. So I will be ready to put a feeder out as soon as the first hummer drops by. Even if it is just stopping to tank up while headed to points northward, I am grateful to be able to provide fuel for their journey. They bring me much joy.
4 comments:
We used to feed Hummingbirds all the time at our old house. Here we haven't had much luck with the feeders, but thankfully they love the honeysuckle bushes we have all over the place. :-)
Ha! We have the very same feeders. I'll bet you have a longer hummer season by you. Ours arrive every year very close to May 15th and depart on September 15th . . . almost like clockwork!
Awesome! I had no idea you could buy those. :) Getting ready for spring.. LOL, I haven't even taken my h. feeders down yet! the birds are gone now, but I'm just really behind on chores with moving again. We still rent the house where those are, so hubby can work up there, and I have birdhouses over on Pokeberry Hill that need to come here too, maybe. :)
HA! I never thought of just ordering replacement parts for my hummer feeders. I do love the Hummingbirds.
Post a Comment