While traveling to visit family over the holiday weekend, we were able to squeeze in a few special activities. The highlight by far was meeting the famous gardening guru Ciscoe Morris. We are big fans of his. We listen to his gardening show on Saturday mornings via the Internet at 97.3 KIRO FM. While we may live a long distance away and in another climate, we just love listening to this incredibly entertaining and most knowledgeable gardener.
What a beautiful place to spend a couple of hours with other gardeners listening to Ciscoe. Molbak's is located in Woodinville, WA. just north of Seattle.Ciscoe is very animated and you just can't help but feel your heart lift as you experience his extreme joy about gardening. And he really knows what he is talking about - he is a veritable human plant encyclopedia. (And he loves dogs - that is always important!)
There were so many beautiful displays in this nursery. You could easily spend half a day there. And to help you do that, they have a coffee barista and a lovely open air cafe. (The food smelled wonderful.)
No matter where you live, if you have Internet access, you can listen to Gardening with Ciscoe anytime via podcast. He also has written a great gardening book - Ask Ciscoe: Oh, la, la! Your Gardening Questions Answered. Read about Ciscoe and bring him into your garden by going to http://www.ciscoe.com/
We take our lap top out to the garden and listen to Ciscoe's great advice while we are digging in the dirt - try it, he will make you smile!!! And you, too, will be saying "Oh, la, la"!
6 comments:
Sounds like my sort of day x
I've been to Woodinville--I think they have a winery there....my brother took me there about a thousand years ago.
Sounds like you had such a good time-glad you caught your radio "guru" live.
How fun, he is such a hoot. - Margy
I love those retro metal chairs in a garden setting! Those would fit in really well on Pokeberry Hill...but they'd have to be rusty I think. ;)
What a great nursery and podcast! Thanks for the tip!!!
I'm envious! I love Ciscoe, too.
I have been to Molbak's but I try to limit my visits since it puts a big dent in my wallet! LOL they have the most wonderful things and I really like the way the have everything arranged.
Post a Comment