Yesterday we were busy doing things around here. One of the things we needed to deal with was putting a new mosquito dunk in the pond. They are supposed to really help keep the mosquitoes from reproducing. Tramp 1 took one out of the package, put it on the table outside and went on to do something else. When he returned to put the dunk in the pond, it was gone. After much searching without finding it anywhere, we decided that Chucky ate it. He puts everything in his mouth... So Tramp 1 headed inside to call poison control. They had no data on it and suggested we call the Vet, which we did. Being the dedicated guy he is, he returned our call - on Mother's Day - and he didn't know any more than we did. What we found out searching the Internet while we waited for his call seemed to indicate that Chucky should be okay. We were so thankful!
Today it was this poor snake. I had just brought Chucky into the garage and he headed to an area he never goes to and started growling and barking. When I looked behind a bench, there was this snake caught in two mouse traps, hiding by the furnace and water heater. Yes, I had to get that snake out of there and free it. And yes, it was still alive. I got it out of the traps and took it across the road and let it go there. It probably came into the garage at night when we leave the door open for several hours after dark to let the cool air in. It was amazing how Chucky reacted to what must have been the scent of the snake. I am going to really pay more attention to him when he barks from now on!!
4 comments:
Your a far better person than I.....There is no way I would get a snake out of a trap. Even though I know it's harmless, I hate the "surprise" factor with snakes.
That would have been a job for hubby......
You are a brave person! Not a chance I would have touched the snake...
Poor little snake. Good thing you were able to get him untangled and free without too much damage. - Margy
How in the world did you get that snake out of the trap??? Oh God help me if I ever had to get that close to a snake!!!
Happy news about the mosquito dunk...!!!!! Scary.
Post a Comment