Chucky was at the kennel last weekend while we were away judging a BBQ competition. When we picked him up Monday morning they said he wasn't feeling too good. When we got him home he literally fell out of the car with weakness and pain. By Tuesday night he seemed to have a fever, too, and winced when we petted him and couldn't shake his head or lift his rear leg up to scratch. We decided to take him to the vet even though there was nothing visible anywhere on him. We were worried he had a spinal injury of some sort.
This is how Chucky looked after coming home from the Vet. His back has been shaved to uncover all the wounds the vet found deep under his fur. They look much better in the picture than they did when the vet found them. Chucky is on antibiotics and a topical spray. He is already feeling so much better. But he sure looks funny!!
Now we just need to find out what happened to Chucky at the kennel. The couple that own it are so nice and we trusted them with our dear Chucky. But some of the story we got just doesn't add up quite right. So Tramp 1 is headed there today after work with Chucky to show them what the vet found and give them the opportunity to explain what the heck happened to our dog...
9 comments:
Oh dear, poor Chucky. I'll be anxious to know what happened.
I'm so glad to hear he's on the mend. I hope you get to the bottom of what happened. The poor baby must have been scared. Could another animal have attacked him?
Poor thing. The last time our dog came home from the kennel he had an infection on the side of is face that looked similar to that. It was a staph infection that the vet thought came from him rubbing his face against the wire mesh in the kennel run. I wonder if something similar happened to Chucky?
Hope he heals fast.
Judy
Oh my..do let us know what happened. You just never know ...at least you are giving them the benefit of the doubt until they can explain themselves. Surely they should have noticed something before it became so bad...
Poor Chucky, you must have been very worried. You are very patient, I think I would have been round there by now demanding an explanation. Hope he continues to mend quickly xxx
That's kind of scary... I hope you'll find out what happened.
Oh my word, poor Chucky! That is a scary thought that the people you trust with your dog might not be telling the whole truth about what happened.
Good thing you caught it right away. Keep us posted. I'm glad to hear Chucky is already perking back up. - Margy
Oweeeee. This is interesting. I want you guys to solve the mystery. Why does such a young one have so many wrinkles. Hope he mends quickly.
Post a Comment