Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to One and All

We hope that each and every one of you is enjoying Christmas in your own special way. We also hope that your tree fit into your house better than ours....

We had a great trip into the mountains to cut this tree. We put it in a bucket of water outside to hold until we brought it in. But the water froze... So we had to bring the tree/bucket into the garage to thaw and it wouldn't fit. So we opened up the attic trap door and two feet of the tree went up there while we waited for the bucket of water to thaw. Luckily we have vaulted ceilings in the house so we did not have to cut too much off the tree.


Chucky got his first ornament in the mail last week from a very dear and thoughtful cousin. What a wonderful way to remember his first Christmas with us!

This funny looking thing with chicken feet is an ornament tree. I bought it to display some of my smaller ornaments. I also figured it would suffice if there was a time when we might not be able to put up a real tree. But I am not too sure about that now....

Today we will be smoking a prime rib roast in the UDS - ugly drum smoker. We are using a beef seasoning that we found earlier this month. It is from the Spade L Ranch and it tastes so good I could just eat it with a spoon right out of the jar! Tramp 1 has already requested that I take pictures - these guys and their cooking... I think of all the years I have cooked and no one took pictures of all my food!!

Merry Christmas from Tramp's Camp!!!

7 comments:

Anke said...

It's a "Griswold tree"! ;-) Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Judy T said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Love the huge tree!
Mmm... prime rib in the smoker... when's dinner?
Judy

Rubye Jack said...

Gawd, what I wouldn't give for some prime rib!

The Christmas is so funny the way it goes into the attic. Merry Christmas Tramps.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! What time's dinner?

Rita said...

That prime rib must be wonderful; I like you chicken feet tree.
Rita

Rae said...

A splendid and very tall tree. Good thing you had that trap door. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. That is a sweet ornament for a very special dog.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

A memorable Christmas for sure. How is Chucky feeling? Was he back in the pink for the holiday festivities? - Margy