
Brining our 16 pound turkey - started Monday night in a special hand crafted maple sugar brine.

We were up before daylight to get the turkey cooking in the ugly drum smoker.

For our Thanksgiving breakfast we had baked oysters in panko with Romano cheese - yum!

The turkey was cooked perfectly in just four hours in the ugly drum smoker.

Since it was just the two of us and Chucky, we made turkey sandwiches, packed up a lunch and headed into the mountains to hike and let Chucky run. We saw wild turkeys - a timely treat - and got pelted with snow. It was a really fun adventure!
6 comments:
That was a perfect day! Especially the Reeses cups--I love those!
What an interesting way to spend Thanksgiving. Such great memories!
I have missed you. I just returned to blogging again a few weeks ago and was looking forward to seeing a new post from you. It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. I am anxious to see new photos of that handsome Lab.
Sounds like a great day to me.
Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving for three. - Margy
Really enjoyed you post! I tell myself I really want to try and brine my turkey...haven't done it yet. maybe next time.
Rita
Post a Comment