
As I write this, Tramp 1 is out swinging a golf club. It is the first time in over a year that he has had a grip on his sticks. He isn't playing nine holes, at least he isn't supposed to be... I think he will be careful. Fear can be a very motivating factor. He hasn't even tried to play golf since the Neurosurgeon told him to take a year off from the game to let his ruptured disk heal.
He is also facing another milestone - archery hunting season is coming up really soon. He had to take a year off from that, too, and since his shoulder surgery, he has had physical therapy. But he needs to do more training and conditioning to be able to pull back on a compound bow safely. Especially at the poundage required to hunt. Last night he actually said that he might not be able to hunt. That is huge for him to admit that he is concerned about injuring his newly repaired shoulder.
It isn't that I don't want him to hunt. There are just so many other wonderful things to do in the fall besides hunting. Time will tell... And I will be watching to see how he walks by tomorrow.
4 comments:
It would really be hard for my hubby Larry not to hunt...he is also especially fond of archery. I'm hoping Tramp 1 takes his time and doesn't re-injure anything...some things just have to wait.
Waiting to heal is the hardest part sometimes...I hope he does well.
Plan some outing for that time that just you two go on. Just walk in the woods and enjoy things you don't usually notice. All the little critters that are around. Go fishing. Entice him with other pleasures. Next year will come. A year off may help him enjoy it more next year. B.
Sheryl and Melodie - He played nine holes last night and looks okay so far and he sure was happy!
Anonymous B - Tramp 1 already took a year off and taking another would probably make him go crazy... Sure do wonder who you are - you seem like someone we have known in the past...
Post a Comment