Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Monday, August 16, 2010

Calgon.... Take Me Away!!!


Some of you might not remember this product and the commercials for it - but I do. And I could sure use a "Calgon, take me away" moment... I think I would slide under the water and stay there!!

We got home last night after another road trip - just a quick 250 miles on Saturday and again on Sunday. It was the going away gathering for our nephew before he leaves for Nashville and college this week.

Saturday morning the irrigation guy was supposed to be by at 8:00 am before we left to check the leaks and go over an estimate for more work. He never showed and we had to leave. I called him and left him a message - told him the pond was getting really low - he had the water turned off to try to rule out leaks. He never called us back. And when we got home last night the pond was down so far that the pump was sucking air. I was really angry - still am! Needless to say, when they showed up this morning we had a bit of a "chat" about Saturday. And he lied to me, saying he was here after we left. But after a few more "words" together, he confessed that he did not come by and he did not apologize or explain. I told him I didn't care if he was fishing, drinking or tweaking - he should have called!!! He would not even look at me... I told him to figure out a plan to get the leaks fixed and that I was going to go inside and compose myself. After about two hours, I heard them drive away. I called Tramp 1 to tell him and he already knew. The guy called him (at work) instead of knocking on the door to talk to me! He told Tramp 1 that I didn't want to talk to him... Not true! Anyway, they think they have it figured out and will be back again later today to check and again tomorrow. Like I believe that! I think I should go out to meet him if he comes back - I will hand him a paper bag and tell him it has part of his male anatomy in it - something he left behind! Maybe he really is scared of me... I did tell him that if he did not get this thing fixed, I would be walking around the town he lives in wearing a sandwich board sign with his business name on it, handing out flyers telling people about the crappy work he does!!! Yes, I really do need that Calgon!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need Calgon and a gun!! Is there anyway of getting someone else to fix the problem? I love the paper bag idea and the sandwich board. You are definitely speaking my language!!

ain't for city gals said...

How about Calgon and a martini?? I work in a mans world (construction) and I try to be nice the first time...maybe the second...after that I have no use for the insecure man...99.8% have no problem...it is the .2% that need to know the world has changed

2 Tramps said...

Mel,
I've got both items...
Sheryl,
We gave nine brands of gin in our home bar - I think I should have two martinis... every night!!

Thanks for your support, ladies!

Sharlene T. said...

I love those commercials and feel your pain… Had my own Calgon time waiting for the electrician to finish the very final step in a hookup that he didn't get done until I called the Sheriff's office… You could always make a wine freeze, if it's too hot for any other drink…

Twitter: SolarChief