Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Monday, June 28, 2010

Baby Birds...

This is the back of our shop and the deck that opens out from our guest area. Note the tall juniper tree that shades the building.


A robin built her nest up in the top of the juniper and these are her little ones. I was able to look down of them from the deck. I had hoped to get more pictures but when I checked on them today they were gone! Hope they had simply grown big enough to fly away!

The swallow family is busy tending to their home on this post on the side deck of the house.

This is a before photo of our side yard during the landscaping work.


It sure looks different now! I am so happy to have flowers that are planted in the ground rather than in pots. I will be diligent about keeping Peter Cottontail from dining here!

The handsome fellow in the foreground is Claude, Claude the garden god. I sculpted him more years ago than I care to mention! His last gig was as a spitter into a small pond - he thinks this is quite an upgrade!

9 comments:

ain't for city gals said...

Good to see you back blogging..sounds like things are getting back to normal....take care...

Rae said...

Nice job. Your landscaping looks great. I love the flowers - so pretty.

2 Tramps said...

Sheryl,
Am not sure we know what normal is around here! But life isn't ever boring!

Rae,
Thanks - the landscaping is a work in progress for sure. Between the deer, rabbits, climate and weather it is very challenging. Hope it keeps us young!

Mary said...

Very nice! I loved the nest pix and the new garden.. and Claude is pretty cool, I'm glad he got that promotion.

2 Tramps said...

Mary,
Good to hear from you. I have been thinking about you... Am glad you like old Claude - he has been with me longer than Tramp 1 and that is a very long time!

DianeLynn said...

Hey thank you for the book. I just found out and I am still in shock...WOW. Email sent

DianeLynn said...

P.S. Great pics. It is so dry here that the land is kind of ugly right now. So I have no pretty yard. But my oh my do I have the stars. Every night I take a walk up the stairway to Heaven!

murphyfish said...

Hello 2T's,
Just love Claude the garden God, do you think he'd bless his benevolence upon my humble back yard?
John

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Love the flowers. Baby birds are so much fun to watch. Our barn swallows returned and she is sitting on eggs still. Hope we have some tree swallows in our boxes when I return to the cabin. - Margy