Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Monday, June 7, 2010

Aerial Views of Washington State

The Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound


Mt. Rainier


A bit of Mt. St. Helens



Mt. Adams in the distance with Mt. St. Helens off the wing.

9 comments:

Mo said...

VERY cool. I've stood on the rim of the Mount St. Helens Crater - AMAZING beyond belief, the magnitude of the blast can not be comprehended. Not only did the mountain send the crater into the heavens but more than 1,000 feet of mountain above the rim. When I climbed in in the mid 90's I was amazed - devastation as far as the eye can see in one direction, in another near pristine. A must do hike for those looking for perspective... Ma'nature rules.

Reanaclaire said...

Beautiful view on top of the world!

greetings,
reanaclaire.com

Sharlene T. said...

Sure makes you feel small...beautiful pix. Thanks for sharing...

DianeLynn said...

Lovely pics. I was in Scappoose OR when Mt. St Helens blew the 2nd time. Ash came to the west this time and felt like dirt being thrown on your head. Collected ash off the deck. I could see Mt St Helens from where I lived.
As for Puget Sound a beautiful place, lived on Whidbey Island. Awww the memories!

2 Tramps said...

Yes, the picture of Mt. St. Helens has special meaning for me. I was living on the east side of the Washington Cascades when the big eruption happened. It was an incredibly frightening event and I was all alone. The power and phones went out, it was black as night with ash falling like rain. When I had pulled myself together mentally, I started filling containers with water - survival mode even way back then. I even packed a bug out suitcase with alcohol and drugs in case the lava came and I was going to die...

HermitJim said...

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing them!

murphyfish said...

Stunning pictures.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

It has been quite a while since we've been flying. Seems like whenever we get back to Bellingham the weather doesn't want to cooperate. Nice shots! - Margy

Mary said...

Just breathtaking!