A couple of months ago I was fortunate to be the recipient of this book - A Three Dog Life - offered by Sheryl at Ain't for City Gals through her virtual book club. It came to me at a very good time - we are currently between dogs here. Amos, pictured on the left was our first Basset Hound and Angus, on the right, was our second one. We didn't pick either of them, they came to us through family, each needing a home. They each came with their own baggage from their past. How does this connect to the book? Well, we all take away something different when we read identical passages in life and so it was with this book. At a time when I have been questioning bringing home another dog, she ends up with three. This book speaks of courage and the ability to change, to take joy in the most basic parts of life and to be able to bend and grow with what life throws at us.
Anyone interested in reading this book next? Just post your interest in a comment here. I will put the names in a coffee can and have Tramp 1 do the drawing. I will post the winner here and it will be off in the mail to you! You just need to be sure that you will pass it on when you are done with it and keep the virtual book club moving along.
9 comments:
As the accidental owner of six dogs, I have a feeling I can relate. I have alway loved the term "three dog night" as I think it perfectly sums up the feeling of contentment of having your hounds snuggled up safely on a cold night. So did you decide to get another dog?
An excellent notion, and I must say that I'd love to express my interest in this book, and would be more than offer it again once read.
Regards,
John
oops should have read 'more than happy to offer it up again' damn the cider!!!
Laura,
We are in the process still. The kennel has been moved to the new location... Am considering fostering a dog through a rescue program... Do you want to be in the book drawing?
Murphy,
Wish I had some of your cider! I didn't even notice that you left out a word! Will toss your name into the can.
Thanks for the review. I'm a sucker for dogs, too, so I stay AWAY from the pound...sounds like a good read...
WOO HOO!! Vicky, could you do a post about your new blog background..it is gorgeous...
We've never had a dog. First we were so busy with our city jobs. Now we travel so much I think it would be difficult. We used to have cats, but our most recent cat has "retired" with my mother. That was the best thing for both of them. Stick (the cat) loves all the attention and my mom loves the companionship. A perfect match. While I do not want to enter into the draw for the book I think it is a wonderful idea. - Margy
I've been where you are now so many times. Each time I will tell myself no more, the heartache was tremendous for me. Well...yep you know it, I always end up with another dog and I loved it has much as any of the others. Can't help myself. Love to read and would love to read this one and will pass it on.
Thanks for offering a chance for the book.
I would like to be entered into the drawing for the book and will pass it on when finished. Sounds like a good book. Have a terrific weekend!
Post a Comment