Look closely - do you see her?
A Mourning dove has decided to nest in one of our hanging baskets.
When she left the nest to eat and drink, I climbed up a ladder to get this picture of her eggs. Just two eggs that are pure white.
This is the view from my kitchen window.
She and I have become friends.
I call her Mildred.
She is playing the waiting game.
It has been 7 days since she started sitting full time.
The eggs should be hatching any day now!
6 comments:
How exciting! Does that make you an Aunt or Grandma? LOL!
I have a birdhouse on my garden fence post and there are Swallows nesting there. The male always sits on top of the box watching my every move. I think the sunflowers I always let self sow along there will be on their own for a bit............
I love it! At least Mildred has shown some judgment, something mourning doves are not famous for, she's built her nest in your hanging basket. They are not smart when it comes to chosing the location of their nests. They'll build on a bicycle seat or anywhere else that will insure their nest will get destroyed. When I had a yard I had a tray feeder and every morning mourning doves came to the feeder, bodies touching, tails in the air, all around the feeder. I loved it.
How sweet! She couldn't have picked a better spot!!!!!
What a fun thing to have a dove have babies there! I addd your blog to my list so I won't miss one of your posts. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Well, you sure have a bird's eye view! (Hahaha!) What better place to build your nest than in a big nest!
So, has the Tramp Camp been graced by the pitter-patter of little dove feet yet?
Post a Comment