Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Thursday, April 5, 2012

Primal Pork for Easter Dinner?

Pork loin roast stuffed with olive tapenade.


Start with a primal pack boneless pork loin.


For those of you that might be intimidated,
there are instructions on some brands.
(It is so easy!)


After cutting we had eight meals of chops,
a piece to use for Chinese BBQ pork and...


a lovely pork loin roast.


Start by thinking jelly roll in reverse.
Slowly cut through the length of the roast.


Continue cutting and unroll it as you go.


Season the pork with your favorite spices
and spread with olive tapenade.
(You can use any type of olives chopped into a spread.)


Roll the pork back up and tie off with string.
For extra decadence lay slices of bacon
on the roast before you tie it up.


We smoked ours on our Traeger pellet grill. It would work really nicely in a kettle grill using the indirect heat method or in the oven in the house if you prefer. So easy and delicious - and you can do all the prep ahead and have the roast ready to fire
so you can relax and enjoy your day.

And you will have saved some serious cash by using
primal pork and cutting it up yourself.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my goodness, I've drooled on my keyboard.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

I'll have to give the recipe to Wayne. We only BBQ up at the cabin, and he is the master chef there. I am the cityfolk cook. - Margy

Anke said...

That looks so delicious, it's making my mouth water...

Judy T said...

Mmmm......
I've got several pork loin roasts in the freezer... I may have to try this one.
I love the name 'primal pack'! We stocked up on several of those when our local store had a 'truckload sale' but I've never seen them here with directions. We just kind of figured it out as we went.
Judy

Rae said...

Yum! You need to start a cooking blog. You are an excellent cook. Everything you make looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

It looks delish!! Happy Easter!!

Mary said...

Looks lovey.. and here I have one of those in the freezer.. but we've destined it for sandwich meat. So into the crockpot it is going w/ bbq flavors. :)

Sue said...

YUM!!!! My mouth is watering!!!

Rita said...

I am so impressed; I can just imagine how good this is. Happy Easter to you and your family.
Rita