There are crossover skills I have learned, too. I can change sparkplugs and could do an oil change on my car if I wanted to. I can add oil, (sad to need to do this – poor old little car of mine) check all fluid levels and add as needed, change the air filter and a few other things. But I was taught how to do all this – by him – by Tramp 1. I did my time as an apprentice.
At the Australia Day BBQ competition last month in Seattle there was a guest judge at the table I was serving. He turned me on to something new that I did not know about. Most of us have used allrecipes.com at some time or another to find a recipe – I particularly like the ingredient search when I have something I need to use up. But I had not heard of their other site - Man Tested Recipes – a place to send that guy you love that either wants to cook, has to cook or that you want to inspire to cook.
Seth Kolloen was the guest judge and he is an editor for this site. I am so glad to have met him. Man Tested Recipes is where Tramp 1 is going to hang out when he wants to cook. He can find all types of recipes that are targeted by search method such as ingredient, category, time, cooking tool, cuisine, number of servings or occasion. Yes, that means Valentine’s Day! Your apprentice or seasoned cook can check out that special day on the site and create something unique for you! Unique because I know that Tramp 1’s rendition of whatever recipes he makes might be just a bit different than the original. But he will be doing it much better this year with help from Man Tested Recipes – thanks, Seth!
Now get out of the kitchen and send that fella in there to surprise you - whether it is your spouse, friend, father or son - they all need to know how to cook! If I can do it, so can you...
8 comments:
Thanks for visiting the site, Vicki! And please have Tramp 1 let us know how it goes...
Best,
Seth
So funny-hubby and I just talked about this. I joked that if it were up to him to cook, we'd be eating a diet of Doritos and maybe a banana on the side. No kidding. When we first dated, that's usually the only thing in his kitchen.
You're a lucky lucky gal that Tramp 1 wants to cook. Now, does he CLEAN UP too??????
You know, we have something in common; my husband loves to cook and so I just let him! He gets a hankering for something and just creates...However, I on the other hand love to bake so I'm the dessert maker and my figure shows :)
The best my hubby can do is cook eggs and that ends up as a big mess with all sorts of dirty dishes. After 35 years I have given up on him being my apprentice. I use the allrecipes site too. Didn't know about the other one. Even if hubby can't use it, I will check it out for myself.
My husband likes to cook too,and mostly does a good job. But sometimes he makes such a mess,and guess who gets to clean it up! Good luck with the cooking. Blessings jane
Hey, Seth - will let you know how he does!
Sue - Dating meals were bad here, too. Yes, he cleans - he is a whiz at dishes!
Tracy - Sounds like your guy really knows his way around the kitchen. Good for you.
Rae - I think you will like the site - it has a good layout that made me want to cook something from it.
Jane - Isn't cleaning up the worst? I don't enjoy it at all...
My hubby started cooking when he retired and has been doing so ever since. I love it.
And here I thought men that cook were just stories, fables really. But you tell me otherwise, hmmm! I have been duped. I come from a long line of no-cook males, my grampa never cooked, my dad never cooked, my husband never cooks and my son never cooks....I will point my husband and son to "man tested recipes" there may be some hope yet.
Post a Comment