Meet the true survivor that lives within our midst.
Yesterday this little fellow – this very important to my life little radio – went for an unplanned swim. Yep, he spent an hour in the front loader washing machine being bounced around with the duvet and a couple of pillow cases. I was shocked and heartsick when he dropped out of the pile in pieces as I was transferring everything to the dryer. I was so certain that he was a goner that I was on the computer immediately seeking his replacement. You see, I sleep with this guy every night. He is my pillow pal, my pacifier. I need him to go to sleep. I was panicked thinking of even one night without him!
I took my little pal and placed him on the heat vent in hopes that the warm air might bring him back to life. And hours later it happened – he responded and appears to have survived! Even the battery and headphone came through just fine.
Another good thing – I did find that he is still available on Amazon and I am not the only person on the planet addicted to AM radio!
14 comments:
Oh Wow, that is incredible that it is still working. Obviously YOU needed that baby and God was certainly going to get it to you!
Hurray for technology when it works!
I have one of those little radios and I also love it. Glad to know it is so hardy. That is amazing.
Had a similar thing happen to a little 13" TV I had in my shop. Didn't realize there was an overhead leak and it had been falling into the back of the TV. One day, it just didn't work... which is when I discovered the water drops. So I used my hairdryer and, voila!, the durn thing came back on and worked beautifully! You gotta love these little miracles...
Oh, if you're following me (hint, hint) don't forget to change your link to my new dedicated domain http://mainstreamsolarcooking.com
You are one lucky gal. I've done things like that and usually it's kleenex or gum!
Ah, miracles do happen then....
That is amazing! I have lost count of all the things that have been drowned in my washer!
You were sure lucky there. I'm no good at checking pockets, etc before I do the laundry-we've had numerous "interesting" finds when the laundry is done.
I am also addicted,but mine is a computer! So glad your radio,survived the swim! And thank you for following me, I appreciate that so much,come visit anytime,and I will be back here as well,Blessings, Jane
Yea for AM radio. B.
That is incredible. I never would have believed it could survive a washing and drying. I washed my cell phone once and was ready to throw it out after several days until it suddenly sprang back to life. It didn't last too long after that though. The washing rusted its poor little insides.
Happy for you...my night time bud is my precious CD of crickets/frog sounds. I listen to it every night. Took me like forever to find just the right one that sounded REAL. Hate to lose her though. I should make a back-up just in case :)
What a great little radio!!! But addicted to AM radio??? Would be curious to hear what your fav shows are on there!!! :)
Oh I have one of these and it is a hardy little piece of equipment. I have dropped it on the tile floor and in the dog's water bowl and in the snow.......
but he's really clean now! yay!
Post a Comment