Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
Friday, October 8, 2010
Transitions with travel...
Living in the wonderful pacific northwest is such an incredible thing. We have a little bit of just about everything here. I can see some great sights without ever leaving Oregon. I just got home Wednesday evening from a trip to the Oregon coast.
This was the view I had on Wednesday morning at the beach, looking at Cape Foulweather.
On the way home a stop was made at the Charburger restaurant in Cascade Locks. My family has been dining there for some 50 years. The view of the Columbia River as it slips through the jaws of the Cascade mountains is superb. This shot shows the Bridge of the Gods which connects Oregon with Washington.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I agree that living in the Pacific Northwest is an incredible thing.
So many exciting environments. I love the ruggedness of the Oregon coast. We like to go to Siletz Bay in our airplane to camp on the strip and walk across Highway 101 to the Sidedoor Cafe. They always have great food. What we save on lodging we splurge on for food. A long time ago we landed at Cascade Locks. I remember the strip was so narrow that it looked almost impossible to stay in the center. I don't know if it's still there. Many of those little strips disappear. - Margy
What a beautiful spot in the world. Thanks for letting me visit.
~Andrea~
You are very fortunate. Those views are gorgeous!!
That's some beautiful scenery and I'm pleased that you shared it with us! That sunset is amazing!
Thanks so much for letting us in on it!
You are very lucky! What a beautiful place to call home.
Your pictures are GORGEOUS!
Now that we made the big move, I cannot wait to explore the west coast ~ esp. to see the big trees! These shots make me want to visit NOW though ~ i gotta work on that patience thang' lol
Nice photos!
You are so lucky!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment