Yep, I am one lucky woman... I get to spend more than a week every fall in the mountains in an old sheepherder's cabin without water or electricity. Yes, I do quite well without a lot of the normal amenities and for many years I did okay with the old outhouse. But it just doesn't cut it for me anymore. For one thing, it was built kind of tall and I am kind of short - you get the idea. I also don't enjoy the odors that develop and some years they are worse than others. So several years ago I got smart and Tramp 1 makes me something special every year...
7 comments:
My boss agrees and likes her's too.
Sometimes it is the little things that make us very happy!
I love it!!
Pretty nifty and in keeping with the hunting theme. Does it double as a hunting blind? Just kidding. - Margy
So nice of him ..and warmer, too.
A layer of wood ashes in the regular outhouse will help keep the odor down... B.
Fantastic outhouse. You got yourself a sweet guy eh?
I noticed when you left your comment on my blog, you got a fire going. Well finally here we are having fall like temps...cloudy skies and I swear I can smell the sweet scent of Oregon from my porch.
To All,
Thanks so much for your comments. Yes, it really is a true hunting blind but I bought it just for me. It would only be good for rifle hunting and only for one person.
The potty is a bucket with the bottom cut out and a special toilet seat lid on top. Tramp 1 digs a very deep hole for it.
Anon - thanks for the wood ashes idea - we have plenty of ashes from the wood cookstove in the cabin. We will be giving that a try.
Yes, Tramp 1 is really good about taking care of what is important to me. Afterall, I am the cook in elk camp and you want the cook to be happy, very happy!
Post a Comment