Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Solar Oven Breakfast

It is a beautiful cool morning here in the high desert. But we still have brilliant sunshine and I took advantage of the power of the sun to cook our breakfast.

This is a breakfast casserole I tossed together with sausages, red peppers, mushrooms, eggs, biscuit mix and topped with cheese.


We are enjoying breakfasts outside more often now on our new deck.


The blueberries are from my aunt's garden - she brought them to us earlier this week.


And we even had company drop by to dine with us. Momma and her fawn came in to nibble on their Purina deer chow and fresh watermelon.

7 comments:

Rae said...

I can certainly see why you are spending time outdoors on your deck. Breakfast in the fresh air with that glorious view sounds wonderful.

Sharlene T. said...

If I had that view, I would never get anything done!... OMG, that is awesome and it looks like a delicious casserole, too... thanks for sharing...

Twitter: SolarChief

Anke said...

The casserole looks delicious, the deck is awesome and the view gorgeous! I'd be out on the deck all the time...

Anonymous said...

Your breakfast looks delicious. The view from your deck is beautiful.

Mary said...

I agree with Sharlene.. it would be so easy to just sit and stare. :)

DianeLynn said...

Love the whole cotton pickin' thing.
Home Sweet Home you have!

Carol............. said...

Your pictures look like something right out of a gourmet food magazine! Just wonderful!