It appears to be a random attack by a miniature creature - a mouse, don't you think?! I wish it wasn't... and I also wish it had taken a liking to something other than my nice chenille robe that I have only worn a couple of times.
The location of the damage is up on the right shoulder, which means it was a climbing mouse. Needless to say, I have spent the better part of the day searching for the missing fluff from my robe and have found nothing - other than a few items I forgot I owned!
We know that living in the country means living with mice. But we haven't had many mice in the house this year - maybe just two in the past six - eight months, which is a pretty low number. We usually catch them in aptly placed traps in the pantry or garage. But several of our traps have been removed since friends came to visit with the cutest little dog - a fuzzy little thing that would have possibly yelped louder than her owner were she to get caught in a trap!
So tonight we will be setting traps - lots of traps... And I think we will use salami - our mice seem to be of Italian lineage and prefer that to the standard peanut butter.
Yep, looks like a real fun evening in Tramp's Camp, for sure!!
7 comments:
Just catching up in beautiful Colorado...hope your mouth is feeling a little better..definitely not something I ever want to have happen. We have mice problems too..going to get a little kitty when we get home for good for the summer..
You have to be quick with mice. They're fast little critters. It does indeed look like the work of one. I can tell you are a determined person so, look out little mouse she's after you. Good luck.
Good luck hunting mice tonight! Hopefully the salami will work and the critters won't be chewing on your robe anymore. How did your dental surgery go? Hope all is well...
Nothing like some country critter to liven up the weekend, huh?
At least the critter has good taste in both clothing and house mates!
Mouse woes, I really feel for ya. We think ours are have all been evicted for now, well at least til fall :(
I have found chenille trim in the quilting department of our fabric store. Maybe you could sew on a contrasting appliqué on your robe to cover the spot and add a vintage touch.
Ah the lovely furry little critters, what fun! We've only just managed to get over a wood mouse assault upon or house over here. Fraid I'm still dislike killing life if I'm not going to eat it and it would take a lot of these buggers to make a pie! So an investment in several live traps, which had to be checked very often to avoid undue distress and about 25 trips to bluebell wood (2 miles away) so the swine don't find their way back, and a large supply of bacon rind later - problem solved. Mmmmm 25 eh? could have had that mice n bacon pie after all!
Hmmmm...salami sounds better to me too! LOL
Sorry about your pretty robe....but you're right mice and country living go hand in hand.
Post a Comment