For the third time in the last several weeks, a hummingbird has flown into the garage and can't get out. Crazy! They are such great fliers and the garage door is up all the way but they just hover around at ceiling height. This one is a large female that shows no signs of getting tired yet. The other two were tired when we found them and after a crazy chase, we were able to net them with a bug net we keep handy. Remember those bug nets when you were a kid? It was great fun to see what you could catch. But I never thought I would be trying to catch a hummingbird!
We have tried lots of ways to entice the hummers out. Like hanging a feeder on a plant pole in front of the man door - but it didn't work. Anybody have any suggestions? In the meantime, I will head back out and try to catch the poor thing!!!
2 comments:
Oh, I hate when that happens.
Worst I ever had was one that flew into a screen and got stuck by the beak.
I'm sure they're just as confused ........but wow---you'd think with a HUGE DOOR being wide open they could figure it out!
I've heard that a fan can help, like a large box fan or pedestal fan, and just turn it on and use it to sort of "blow" (gently of course) the bird out the door. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment