Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Saturday, July 14, 2012

Would you do this???

There are a couple of guys floating around here today in tricked out lawn chairs with a bunch of big helium balloons attached to them.  Yes, they are in a protected space in the chairs, sort of a platform with rails I think - but how safe can you be in the sky being pulled around by the wind?  And we are having thunderstorms starting up now...


We have been  watching them from our deck off and on since noon and it is now after 4:00 P.M. and they are still up there and still around here (we live 25 miles from where they launched).  They are hoping to make it to Montana.


This isn't the first time for this endeavor.  Must be pretty fun to want to do it more than once!  You can read more about them here - http://www.ktvz.com/news/Bend-tandem-lawn-chair-balloonists-soar-aloft/-/413192/15519084/-/m0j9tu/-/index.html

8 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Tempt not the Lord thy God!

Muffy's Marks said...

As my father-in-law would say, 'they ain't all locked up!'

Linda said...

I'm glad I decided not to join them.

2 Tramps said...

Oh, thank you - you all have me chuckling!!!

Sandy said...

Reminds me of Ron White's routine: After losing an engine...."How far will this contraption (one engine/plane) get us? Response - All the way to the scene of the accident.
:0

That being said...What a rush!

2 Tramps said...

Sandy -
Ron White - I really get a kick out of that guy!!

ain't for city gals said...

Omgosh...Ron White...he makes me laugh!...I would NOT want to do this...no way ..no how...

Sue said...

Brave---or stupid??