Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Friday, July 27, 2012

Around our camp this week -

 Hungry hummingbird.
We have five feeders out this year and the battles over them are epic!
Such great entertainment.



 Swallowtail caterpillar on the move.
They have taken over the tree and are growing fast.



 Water lily on the pond.
This is our first year to have multiple lilies blooming.
So lovely but very short lived.



 Inquisitive lizard.
These guys are everywhere.
They carefully watch our every move.



Chucky takes a siesta.
The hot weather has us all wanting to take naps...




3 comments:

Linda said...

Enjoyed the pictures. I don't see much nature in the city. I think Chucky has the best idea.

Fran said...

Love the pictures, we don't get hummingbirds here, they are very pretty. Also our lizards are about a finger length long, that one of yours is huge! xxxx

Sue said...

I always tell Don I'm going to "bean" those hummers with a fly swatter if they don't quit fighting. All the flowers here, and 3 feeders and they still fight like crazy.