Technical difficulties - yes, that is what is happening to me here. I had something all planned to post today. I was looking forward to it. And posting for me can be pretty labor intensive. You see, I am still using my very old Gateway computer with Windows 95. I know, it is a true relic. And add to that the fact that I am still on dial-up. Yes it is pretty pathetic. But back to the work at hand...
I was planning to post a picture of something. That required scanning the picture and my regular scanner here in the house is not hooked up as it had a malfunction and I just did not want to re-install everything. So I headed over to the shop and upstairs to use the scanner that is with another older computer we have. I got up there and the computer wouldn't turn on. I realized that Tramp 1 had taken the surge suppressor last night to use here in the house on our new television... So I headed downstairs to get a big extension cord with multiple plugs. Back upstairs I went and I got the computer and scanner going and got the picture onto the disk. I checked it afterward and yes, it was there. I got back over here to the house, started to post and the picture only came in halfway. So I went back upstairs in the shop to check the disk. I decided to use another disk and the picture saved fine and was there when I checked it. Got back to the house, went to upload it into Blogger and it won't work. I have gotten several error messages and the picture won't open. So I will be going back over to the shop to rescan the picture and try it all over again. But I won't be going now. I have used up way too much time on folly so it will have to wait at least until I can get some work done around here.
As for the technical difficulties, things should get better here soon. I got a new laptop and will be using Windows 7. But not until we get a new ISP. And that might take some time. I drove 25 miles into town to their "office" on Friday and found it is a beat up little old house with a can of cigarette butts on the decaying front porch. And no one was there -- and no one answered my phone calls. All the "sales" staff were busy! I will be trying to reach them again. We have friends that are using the same service and it sounds good for us. It isn't always easy to get service with a good signal out here. One thing you acquire living in the country is patience!
4 comments:
Glad to find another Oregon blogger. We live in Hillsboro, Oregon and I'd be lost without my computer. I spend far too much time on it but It's a lot more fun than TV.
Linda,
Welcome to Tramp's Camp. We are glad you stopped by. Yes, it would be really hard to be without a computer - that is why I am switching to a laptop!
Thanks for stopping by!
Computers can be a real pain in the backside sometimes! I can't imagine doing without my internet, though!
I hope you get it all worked out soon, my friend!
Thanks, H.J. - it seems the hardest thing is figuring out who to use for an ISP. A few years ago there weren't many options for us folks who live this far from town. And we to tend to "beat the dead horse" here wanting to be sure we have made the right choice... I did find there is free wifi at the library in town so I might go there to give the laptop a try!
Post a Comment