Yes, it is another late night here at Tramp's Camp. The pork butt finished off late last night and was pulled/chopped by Tramp #1. It made a whopper load, too. In his infinite wisdom, he realized that he should wait a day before taking it to the office to share. So he plans to take it tomorrow for lunch for the gang in his department.
No good pulled pork sandwich would be complete without a tasty sauce. When it comes to sauce, preferences run the gamut. We decided a little BBQ education would be a good way to introduce some new tastes. So far tonight we have made a North Carolina mustard based sauce, a Memphis vinegar based sauce, Tramp's Camp favorite citrus based sauce and the famous Mike Mills Apple City BBQ sauce. We just have one more to make - an Alabama white BBQ sauce. That should cover it for now.
And of course, we need to fix up a nice big bowl of coleslaw to go along side the buns filled with the pulled pork and sauce. And we haven't had our dinner yet... And I know it is late - and I think I just don't care if we eat or not. I have had so many tastes of BBQ sauce that I think I am full! Guess I had better get back to the kitchen. I left him alone there - not always the best thing to do. Maybe I will bake up a quick batch of cookies. They are going to need dessert!
4 comments:
It sounds like you two have been busy with your pulled pork and sauces. The office is lucky to get such a yummy meal. (and even a dessert!) Take care!
BBQ is my favorite food in the universe. Well, that and bacon. I'm in NW Indiana. I told my husband that I want to drive to Memphis soon for a BBQ dinner. I like a wet bbq, with a sweet sauce. Oh help me, you've got me hankerin' for a pulled pork sandwich!
Being from Texas...we consider BBQ a food group all it's own!
Cheap meat, with the right sauce, can feed a lot of folks and stay in the budget!
Now my mouth is watering...thanks a LOT!
Leslie,
The office ended up eating that pulled pork for three days!
Jayme,
I'd sure like to join you in Memphis for BBQ. Memphis style is my favorite.
Hermit Jim,
I have a friend headed to Austin next week and all I can think about is all the great Texas BBQ he will get to eat!
Thank you all for visiting us.
Post a Comment