Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday Evening Fun

Wow, big night at Tramp's Camp... We are sitting in the living room in the dark, watching the lightning, listening to the thunder claps and torrents of rain. Actually, only I am listening - Tramp 1 has fallen asleep. No surprise there - that man can sleep anywhere. I cannot... I unplugged the CPU from my computer in fear of a storm related issue taking away all my data - that would be so painful. Am on the laptop, on battery power linked up with a PCS card. Love this technological world!!

We were going to be outside planting in the garden tonight. Guess it is like baseball - rained out, weather delay. We had one last night, too, and several more nights of storms are expected. At least we were able to check on the tomatoes in the dog kennel greenhouse. And we found that they are sick. They have early blight - not at all good. And I think it is our fault. We treated them too good, kept them too nice and toasty warm. So we unwrapped the upper half of the kennel so the air can blow through and I trimmed away the parts of the tomatoes that were most affected. If they don't snap out of it, we will have to treat them with a fungicide. We will hope they get better with the change in their habitat.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Raining here too. I enjoy it as well. Seems like a good opportunity to just reflect and relax a moment. :)

HermitJim said...

Sometimes a good rain is cleansing to the soul! At the very least, it helps to clear the cobwebs a bit!

2 Tramps said...

Mary and Jim -

You both have good points about the rain. Maybe we need to slow down a bit and aren't getting the message. We went away for the weekend and it rained most of the time where we were, too. We used the time well - we went wine tasting!

The Tramps