Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John Ruskin
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Oh, my.....
Gotcha, didn't I??!!! Oh, yeah, that is one big rattlesnake. In fact big doesn't even fit - it is huge - unbelievably huge. But is isn't from here - no worries - all safe here. No more snakes for us. This picture was shared with us by a BBQ friend - it is his nephew in the picture. Snakes like this 11 foot Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake live in Mississippi. Be assured that we will never be moving there!!! If Tramp 1 ever met up with a snake like this, he would most likely faint dead away! Okay, my heart would probably skip a beat or two, as well....
Where has summer gone? It is still here - almost 90 today. We had our hot weather start early and stay long. Gardening has been a serious challenge this season. And all the hot weather and smoke from fires just wore us out. We have both been doing physical therapy - me for my knee, Tramp 1 for his back. And we just recently had the challenge of a "boil water alert" that went on for ten days. If that wasn't fun...
The one guy doing well around here is, of course, Chucky. He has had a great summer - ball, squeaky toy, ball, food - that is what he lives for (along with chasing rabbits...). But he is not getting as much freedom as he is used to. A couple weeks ago we were headed up into the mountains to scout for elk. Tramp 1 accidentally left the training collar, remote and leash on top of the canopy of the truck. It fell off somewhere on the way and we were fifty miles from home when he remembered it. We back tracked twice searching but no luck. We put ads on Craigslist and put signs up along the road but no one has returned it. So, we will have to pick up a new one - a painful $350 lesson. But we don't want Chucky to be without it. This particular collar has a horn on it that we can honk with the remote so we can find him - in the dark or if he were to be lost or hurt. Very important to us with a crazy wild dog like our Chucky!
He always likes to have something in his mouth. Soft squeaky toys are a favorite thing and now that he is almost four, he has finally quit tearing them up. Speaking of Chucky, I need to go bring him inside. It is getting dark so early now and the coyotes have been really active at night, howling and yipping up on the buttes. Chucky gets pretty riled up by them and I don't want to take a chance on him going off after them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That snake is a monster! My husband tries to catch and relocate the rattlers that turn up around our house. I'd like to see him try to catch THAT one with our itty-bitty snake tongs. And then stuff it in a lard bucket and clamp on the lid. Hah!
That snake would scare the living daylights out of me if I came across it. Yikes!
I am quite sure that I would be fainting dead away right along with Tramp 1 if confronted with a snake that size. And I would need a change of underwear.
OMG! Too close to have taken that picture!!!!! Not sure EXACTLY, why God had to make snakes...I'm sure there is some kind of rhyme and reason to it! LOL.
If I saw a snake like that I probably wouldn't go outdoors again! Snakes aren't my favourite, but at least the ones around is in BC aren't poisonous. In fact, the garter snakes are kind of cute and fun to watch (unless they are swallowing a frog whole). Chuckie looks like such a good "kid." Can't imagine him taking off or giving you concerns (NOT). - Margy
Oh my, that snake would make my heart skip and/or stop, LOL! Glad to see you back. Hey, did that snake repellent you bought work? I"m thinking of that after our crazy snake/mouse incident I blogged about the other day. I'm game for anything if it keeps snakes out of the house.
That's a big ol pair of boots he harvested there. I can't even begin to imagine and I'm not afraid of snakes, I think most are beneficial and should be left alone. But that one would scare that stuff out of me.
Post a Comment