It's not that we haven't wanted to be sharing with everyone. But life got incredibly busy after my knee injury. Everything has been taking more time to do. And I have been having lots of physical therapy - which is a good thing. I am walking much better now and using a cane when I need to. The final diagnosis was that the medial meniscus was severed in my right knee.
Funny thing - the insurance company sent me an inquiry about the injury. I filled it out honestly - I thought they were worried it was a workers comp claim - which is was not, unless you get workers comp for all you do at home! We were in for a big surprise when the insurance company denied the claims for my knee injury. They said that since it happened while I was getting into our truck, our vehicle insurance must cover the bills. Tramp 1 went to bat on this issue with his employer and got it reversed - a big relief. But we were told that this is a one time deal and my knee is covered for two years with a revisit to the claim then.
Because I have trouble getting around all our uneven surfaces around here, I am using the golf cart more to got between the house and the shop. Chucky loves to ride with me - dangerous when he sits on the gas pedal!
This afternoon a gopher snake was waiting for us on the concrete apron in front of the shop. Thankfully Chucky didn't see it in his quest to get his ball. It was some three feet long and looked so much like a rattlesnake. I got a large box to cover it with so Tramp 1 wouldn't get a big surprise when he got home! We just now relocated the fellow further away down the hill from us. He is a good snake to have around but not so close to the house and shop. Tramp 1 has snake issues and has already said he will be having nightmares tonight! A gopher snake coils up just like a rattlesnake and hisses loudly. I played a wave file of the sound for Tramp 1 before we did the deed so he would not jump back 20 feet!
Sharing what we have been doing these past several months with you is going to be fun. I have seriously missed blogging and reading all your blogs. Summer is here, hot weather, too, so sitting inside with the cool air blowing and visiting with you sounds perfect!!!!
10 comments:
Really? A snake? On your first post back? LOL!
Yay, glad to see you back. Hope you are continuing to heal....now lets see some non snake pictures, ha.
Goodness! Sure hope you have great results from your surgery!
Julie - no surgery - at least not now. Yes, knee replacement at a later date...
Blech-snakes!
I know they do a lot of good, but I cannot stand them.
Welcome back!
Ugh, bad knees and snakes. Not sure which is worse. BUT... glad to have you back!
So glad you are back!
I know knee surgery is no small deal. Our friend here in town just had his knee done and it has been a hard road back, but he says the improvement is well worth it. I haven't been away from blogging, but have been pretty slow at getting around to visit everyone lately. Now that we are spending most of our time up at the cabin, we only cram in a little time on the computers when we go to town. But never fear, I'll always come back to get caught up. - Margy
So glad to see that you are back. Be careful of that knee. Max the Magnificent gives a big WOOF! to Chuckie.
I hope the knee is on the mend. We just had a 4 1/2 long "visitor" a few weeks ago and I had to convince our neighbors NOT to harm it. It is a Eastern Rat snake that also mimics rattlers. My neighbors had a hard time understanding the concept of "a good snake" even after I showed them that of 33 snakes in TN, only 3 are venomous.
Not long ago, my wife found a black snake in our living room. It was being set upon by two of our ferrets and the house cat, Midori. I had to rescue it and go put it outside.
Post a Comment