Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Thursday, November 14, 2013

WakaWaka Solar Light

Before heading to hunting camp in September, I decided to check out solar lighting.  While we do have a battery in the camper (with a trickle solar charger) that gives us great light, I wanted something that didn't light up the entire forest! 


 
This is the WakaWaka Solar Lamp.  It has multiple levels of brightness and gave us plenty of good reading light and good lighting to cook by, too.
 

 
To charge it, I just set it in the window of the camper.
 

 
You can use a water or wine bottle as a stand.
 


It fits right over the top.  You can see the solar charging panel here.
 
This is a really handy thing to have.  Not a whole lot bigger than a deck of cards.  Compact and easy to take places, it is also great to use at home.  I like to use it in bed at night so the light doesn't bother Tramp 1 if I am up reading.  It was good to have when the power went out a few weeks ago.  No searching for matches or candles.  I keep the WakaWaka charging in the bedroom window, always ready if needed.

Ours was ordered through Amazon but you can also go direct to the WakaWaka website.  Right now they have a special promotion going on to provide aide to the Philippines.  Buy one and they will give one to those in need via the International Rescue Committee. 

These would make great Christmas gifts or stocking stuffers.  They also make a model that is a light and can charge a cell phone.  Check it out and shine a little light on the world!!!

3 comments:

Rae said...

I like it. I need one. Our power goes off frequently. This would be a great help.

Julie said...

These are amazing! I need the power one, and am thinking of getting one for my 4 grown kids too, for Christmas, as well. Thanks for showing about it!!!

ain't for city gals said...

Hey Girl..!! this is so funny! We used a solar light this summer while we were camping just for a little something different...we loved it!! It is just enough to not have to use the battery for the early evening. There is so much out there nowadays to make things easier!!xoxo