Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Saturday, December 15, 2012

Aarrgghh....

Here we are, Christmas is looming closer, and nothing is done here.  Nothing - no cards done, no baking done, no tree up.  I did manage to put an old wreath on the front door.  I had such great plans for December - I was excited to be out and about, shopping and enjoying the season.  I made it through two days of fun before getting sick...


 
Whatever bug I had has now morphed into something else.  I am using an inhaler after over three years of not needing one.  Tramp 1 got over his bug okay but not me.  And Chucky got sick, too.  The two prescriptions are his - he has kennel cough.  I have been tempted to take his medication.  In fact, I have been wondering if I have his bug!
 


 
This was funny in a sad sort of way.  I was trying to find a recipe to make something for dinner.  I did an ingredient search on Allrecipes.com - and look what it came up with - only one recipe - a recipe for dog food!!!  I thought my ingredients sounded good - good for humans.  Guess I should be cooking for Chucky instead of us!!




Today I am doing my cooking on the wood cook stove.  There has been a nice fire going all day and outside it has been snowing off and on.  Makes me want to cook and bake! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Sometimes we just have to accept that plans are made to be broken.

1st Man said...

Terrible time to be sick. I haven't done half of my stuff I had planned and I wasn't sick, LOL! So it's ok, you have a valid reason. Feel better soon!!!

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Hope you are on the mend soon. No fun to be sick for the holidays. I found a cat food cook book at the thrift store the other day. I'm not much of a baker, so I am giving it to my friend who is both a cat lover and a great cook. - Margy

Sue said...

I'm down to the wire on so many things too. I don't think cards are getting mailed this year. Some things are just getting "phased out"....

Rita said...

It's the time; hope you are feeling better; cooking seems to make me feel better.
Rita

Rita said...

Love that you are cooking on the grandparents wood stove. Hope you pork and apples turned out good. It must always smell so good at your place.
Rita

Leigh said...

We just got our tree up today. I like to wait until they're all discounted and then buy one. We haven't had to battle sickness though, so no good excuses. :)

I love a cold day with my wood cookstove going. It's true it always inspires some cooking.