The last several weeks have been a blur for us. Traveling and lack of sleep sure takes a toll. The only one around here getting enough rest is Chucky!
The last weekend in August we attended a family wedding held at Elk Cove Vineyards which is just out of Gaston Oregon. It is a lovely venue and we had such a nice time there.
Of course, the bride and groom were the main attraction. The bride was beautiful, the groom so handsome and the wine and food so delicious! (The bride spent her first night with me when she was four days old and she slept on my chest as I lay on the couch - her mom needed to get some sleep!)
This past weekend we flew to Seattle Washington for another family wedding at a winery, too. This event was held at De Lille Cellars. It is a popular venue for weddings in the area and very pretty.
Another beautiful bride and handsome groom! They made their own rose' wine during the ceremony as their special drink for the evening by mixing white and red wine together. Very symbolic and a unique twist. (At just three years old, this bride told me "I don't like Havarti" when I asked which cheese to put in her sandwich!)
They have both become lovely and talented women and they each have married good men that are dependable, caring and in love with them. Who could ask for more?!
5 comments:
A lot of weddings-but held in such beautiful settings. You must be exhausted.
The outdoor wedding looked like a lovely setting. Now for some much needed relaxation for all. - Margy
I can well relate to the "too much going on" part of life. And weddings are always so happy.
These weddings sound lovely, and the brides are beautiful. I love wedding photos, even when I don't know them myself!
Definitely a busy summer for you! I know both brides were delighted that you could be with them on their most important day. You have certainly earned a rest. Come visit when you can.
Post a Comment