Yes, tonight is the night we will be outside well into the predawn, trying to stay awake to watch the Perseid meteor showers. It is something that we have been doing since we first met. Funny thing - that young guy I was dating back then was way more interested in staying up to watch the meteor showers than the older fellow I am married to now...
But last night he gave it a good try - I ended up going in the house first - I got cold even with two blankets. We used our pop up screen shelter but realized that the small covered roof area blocked a lot of the night sky. So tonight we will be back out there in our lounge chairs, this time with mosquito netting tossed over the top of us after we get all settled. (And in a sleeping bag instead of just blankets!) The best viewing starts after 11:00 PM, so it makes for a late night.
To learn more about the Perseid meteor showers check out this website link - EarthSky. It really is worth staying up late to watch all the action.
9 comments:
How exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it, I wish you clear skies, no bugs, and snuggly weather!
So brave! lots of things we used to do way back when. :) I have a hard time getting hubby to stay up late enough to enjoy a decent campfire. LOL.
Sounds like a wonderful plan...I would worry about the skeeter bugs but look like you have that covered.
Meteor shower! How neat. I reckon one has to have clear size for that though. :)
After we put Mom to bed we are going to head out to find a dark spot. We won't stay too long so she doesn't get worried. We've been at the cabin before to watch them. That's the perfect spot, but not possible this year. Happy meteor watching. - Margy
This is the first year I'm missing them--too exhausted from the grandsons visit. Wish you better luck with the viewing!
Meteor rain is fun to watch. Its a memorable experience of all time. I wish I can watch it.
dentist new farm
Did you see the showers?
I looked at 12:30 and din't see a thing lastnight.
We did see the meteor showers last weekend. But they sure weren't the display that we were expecting.
Post a Comment