Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Snow Day???

Snow day, snow day, I would like a snow day

Not that I want to go out and play

That certainly is not my way…

“What would you do?” - that is what you say

Let me tell you my thoughts about a snow day…


First I would take a long hot bath

No bills no paperwork and no math

Baking cookies fits the day

Baking anything in any way

A bubbling pot of stock on the stove

A wintry book my eyes to rove

Snow deep enough to have to shovel

Hiding away the seasonal rubble

Glistening flakes drifting softly down

Burying deep the fallow ground

But staying off the satellite dish

That is a most important wish

So many more things that I could say

But it doesn’t look like this will be a snow day…

6 comments:

Judy T said...

Love It!!

Judy

Sue said...

We're finally getting a lot of snow. Six more inches yesterday, it's been snowing all day today, and another 2-3 inches tonight. The snowmobiles have been getting a workout!

Muffy's Marks said...

When my kids were in school, I loved snow days. Like an unexpected weekend day!!

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Got more than we asked for I think. And brushing the flakes off the solar panels. - Margy

Tom Stewart said...

Just found your blog and I'm glad I did! I have a thing for farm/homestead Blogs! And yours looks like a great one! I will start at the begining and read each one. Come take a look at mine sometime!

Rita said...

We have had 2 snow days this week; kind of fun to have stay put. Love your poem.
Rita