We headed to Portland on Saturday and spent the night at a hotel. That was probably our biggest mistake - we never sleep well the first night at a hotel - and we weren't staying for a second night. We tossed and turned most of the night - I kept looking at the clock to see how much more time we had to sleep. And we went to bed way too early, so we had plenty of time to toss and turn!
Sunday morning we packed up our suitcases and our smiles and headed east through the beautiful Columbia river gorge to the Maryhill Winery in Washington.
It is good that we took our jaunt when we did - winter is hitting us here this week. In fact, it is snowing outside right now. Time to make soup and bake goodies!
6 comments:
Looks pretty...I see on the weather you might be in for a good one ...stay warm..
Beautiful Photos! Its getting chilly here too
Great pictures!!
That looks like a wonderful trip!Sorry Tramp 1 is having back trouble,hope it gets better soon!
Your pictures are awesome. Hope the weather is good for you.
That is a place that I want to visit ~ in the summer! :D
Lavender oil helps me sleep in strange hotels/motels ~ a little dab on my own pillowcase that I bring...I use it at home too, so that way I always associate lavender oil with sleep though I better be careful i dont "sniff" on work hours, that might be bad...
beautiful pics!
Post a Comment