
Then we rubbed it with a mix of dried garlic chips, Montreal spice and kosher salt, all of which we ground in a spice mill.
After rubbing the entire roast well with the spice mix, we put the meat portion back on the bone and tied it back together with string.
The we rubbed it down well with fresh chopped rosemary and olive oil.
We put it on the Traeger for 1/2 an hour on medium, then dropped the temp down to smoke. The cooking process took less time than anticipated - we were counting on a longer cook time due to the cold outside temperature.
We enjoyed a delicious dinner. We cooked the potatoes on the grill, too.
And as our day ended, we were treated to the wonderful aroma from this lovely loaf of rustic No Knead Bread that Tramp 1 baked to take to work and share with his co-workers. We make this bread often and it is so good and so incredibly easy. It makes a great gift, too.
8 comments:
That looks like a great roast, but what I want to know is what happened to the rib bones. I just love to gnaw on them. Just thinking of them all smoked makes my mouth water. I need to make some bread when I get back to the cabin. It has been too long. I'll check out your recipe. - Margy
Hey, Margy,
Those rib bones are going to be another meal. You are right, they are great to gnaw on. Check out an intersting rib bone recipe here - http://livingthefrugallife.blogspot.com/2010/01/using-it-up-deviled-bones.html
2, both the meat & the bread look delicious! wtg!
Ohhhh, I'm drooling. Have any leftovers to share?
Hello, My first visit to your blog and looking forward to keepin up with your post. Love the bowl the bread is in. Congratulations on you Blog Award from Leslie over at 'In the Shadow of Juniper Hill'.
That looks so delicious! I've been thinking we need to have a little more red meat here and there--to me its like a 'tonic' of vitamin power. Haven't had a really good roast since Christmas. Now I wish we had a smoker... but then there's always somehing on the wish list I suppose.
I'd arm wrestle ya for a slice of that roast and a piece of that bread!
Looks just too darn good to me!
Thanks to all for your kind comments. Would have loved to share it with you. Tramp 1 took it to work for lunch a couple of times and we froze a meal. The rib bones were used for stock. Nothing wasted here!
Barbara - welcome to Tramp's Camp. Glad you like the bowl that the bread it in. It is a Pampered Chef stoneware casserole I picked up at a rummage sale!
Post a Comment