Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Thursday, October 1, 2009

Smiling before sun up....

This morning when I got up, first I started the coffee water (we use a french press), next I started a fire in the wood cook stove and last, still bleary eyed, I trudged up to the road to get the newspaper (Tramp 1's job but he is out of town on business). As my eyes began to focus better, I glanced up and was treated to the magnificent view of fresh snow capping the Cascade mountains to the west. It has been very cold, exceedingly windy and cloudy for the last couple of days, so this was the first clear morning since the weather changed. Later, as the sun began to slowly climb in the east, the peaks began to glow with color. Our view encompasses many miles of mountains, with the largest being Mt. Bachelor, the Three Sisters and Mt. Jefferson. It is so easy to take our view for granted. It is there most every day! Sometimes it is fairly plain but other times it can be breathtaking. This morning was one of those breathtaking views... It was just what I needed to jump start my day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds stunning! You're right, it is all too easy to take things for granted, I know I have to keep reminding myself to stop it lol.

treesong said...

Sounds wonderful! Keep talking about your little cabin. I love the picture and wish I could have had a cup of your coffee. Treesong

HermitJim said...

Sounds like a wonderful and beautiful way to wake up! That should make ther rest of your day a pleasure!

DianeLynn said...

I can just imagine what you saw...for I have seen it from the west side...it is breath taking!