High winds hit our area on New Year's day. Power was out many places. Those hoping to spend the day skiing at Mt. Bachelor were some of the victims - they had to suspend operation because fallen trees knocked out the power there.
It was quite warm yesterday, too, so I opened up some windows and let the wind blow in. After all the snow melting since Christmas, there is no dust in the air. It felt like the winds of change and seemed appropriate for the start of a new year. We put our down comforter outside to air and hung out our pillows, too. Nothing like crawling into to bed at night smelling the wonderful freshness of things hung outside.
The winds continued into the night. Very early this morning sleet was pounding on the windows. I got up to check and see what might have blown away, turning on the outside lights to peer out into the darkness. Then I could not get back to sleep. So I have been up since 4:38 AM. Plenty of news on TV about the extreme weather and road closures. Poor Tillamook is flooding again. Landslides are happening in many areas. A brutal start to the New Year for many.
No comments:
Post a Comment