Here it is the middle of October and I have not been a faithful blogger… It is not that I don’t want to be – several factors are involved in my inability to blog. First, I am just learning to work my away around the blogspot program and second, that is difficult because my computer is just too old to do most of the neat stuff (maybe I am too old, too!). Being one of the few people, probably in the world, that is still using Windows 95 has its downfalls. Most of you don’t have to reboot your computer several times a day… So we need to get a new computer and I will have to learn new things but it seems with winter fast approaching, it would be a good time since weather will keep me housebound more often. The search is on so we will make an educated choice that will last us as long as this ever-faithful old Gateway computer has.
I do read several great blogs and enjoy seeking out more blogs that share our interests or that educate us on something new. There are so many inspiring blogs and bloggers out there and they do so many creative things with their blogs. I keep reminding myself of that tired old saying "bloom where you are planted" – in other words, don’t let the old computer stop me. But here it is fall now and all the neat things I had hoped to post will be old news… Then came a moment of revelation for me – I am not an annual plant, like a petunia or a marigold – I don’t need the summer season to bloom – I must be either a Thanksgiving or Christmas cactus! (Yes, some of you might say I am as prickly as a cactus and think the choice is an apt one – this is a joke, I hope!) But remember the Thanksgiving or Christmas cactus is actually a succulent cactus with velvety soft and pliable petal-like arms. It is an enduring plant that seems to survive in any home environment with almost non-existent care. You often find it in a home tucked back in a corner or some little used room or space – until the holidays arrive. Then comes the brief but glorious display this plant seasonally provides. It's flowers are so delicate and vibrantly hued. You can look at it and imagine yourself in a tropical paradise while the snow is piling up outside your door.
So I will be posting old news for a time – because there are some special things I need to share or preserve here. Some of you will hopefully still find them interesting. There will also probably be some current news interspersed, as well. Please be patient with me/us as I sow, sprout and foster this blog! It will be your choice what you choose to harvest from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment