This is one big fella! We have named him Black Bart. He is so very dark in color that we aren't sure what kind of amphibian he actually is. It seems that he most likely is a bullfrog.
He is so dark, he looks like he was dipped in tar. And he is very shiny, even after sitting on a rock for several hours. So far he has not made any sound. It is possible that at night he is out prowling around looking for a mate or food - and maybe he is a she. We hear many frogs now as the Pacific tree frog and western chorus frogs are headed into mating season.
It will be interesting to see if any frog eggs start appearing in our pond. We will sure be watching!


3 comments:
What a big frog! I remember bullfrogs from when I was a kid. We've never seen one here at our pond, just little guys. I love the frogs to visit but they are a rare sighting. One thing you'll be amazed of is how loud they croak. Have fun watching him/her, I hope a mate shows up. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
How truly gorgeous. To think Msr.
Almighty Gawwd, esq. stooped down
and rescued U.S. if we have a lil’Ofaith
(and that precocious Miss RRRibit -
all animules go to 7th Heaven , dear):
🎱 psychopathicmath.blogspot.com ™️
Cya soon, ya stunning wildflower babe...
babes
Post a Comment