Looking west at Broken Top and The Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascades Feb. 2016


“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” -
John Ruskin


Monday, February 29, 2016

Calving time -


Every time I make a trip to town lately, I am seeing more little calves in the fields.  They are so darned cute as they race about on their spindly legs exploring their new world.


 
This momma was keeping a sharp eye on her new baby.
 
 

 
A trip to town always involves checking on this cute donkey and his bull buddy. 
They are always together and seem to be very bonded to each other.
 
 

4 comments:

Sue said...

Aw-what a sweet calf. Love the markings on it!

Mama Pea said...

Now that's a sway-backed donkey! I'm glad the donkey and the bull have each other for pals.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

And baby lambs too. So much new life everywhere. Spring is on the way. - Margy

Leslie said...

I'll bet that little calf is now a strapping youngster -- it's been a long time (too long) since I checked your blog. I think that both of us need to write in ours just a wee bit more often. :)